- 250gm butter
- 250gm brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups gluten free self raising flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 125gm butter
- 3 cups soft icing mixture
- 1/2 cup caramel topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- caramel topping
- sliced banana
- Preheat oven to 160’C and prepare two 25cm round cake tins.
- Cream butter and brown sugar in a bench mixer.
- Gradually add the remaining cake ingredients and beat until well combined.
- Pour cake mixture equally into prepared tins and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cream butter and icing mixture.
- Add caramel topping and vanilla and continue to beat until smooth.
- Allow cakes to cool and spread some of the frosting over one of the cakes.
- Place the second cake on top of the first and cover the cake with the remaining frosting.
- Decorate with caramel topping and banana and serve.
- 4 Pears
- 4 apples, cored
- 125ml maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons sultanas
- 250 grams ginger nut biscuits
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons self raising flour
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- Preheat oven to 180’C.
- Cut apples and pear in half horizontally and place fruit skin side down on a large pan lined with baking paper.
- Spoon sultanas evenly into centre of each apple and pear.
- Combine maple syrup and cinnamon in a bowl and spoon over apples and pears. Coat well.
- Place biscuits in a bag and crush finely with a wooden pin. Transfer to a bowl and combine with remaining ingredients. Add a spoonful of topping on each apple and pear.
- Bake in oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until apples and pears are tender. Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with your favourite custard or ice-cream.